Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pop Front Desk Runner

Howdy!

These past few weeks have been very exciting for me! I returned home for a couple of days to receive my Fightin' Texas Aggie Ring and to spend some time with my family. I returned back to Orlando just in time for the Easter weekend rush. I also was trained in an additional position at Pop Century this week. My new job, in addition to working the front desk, is to be a front desk runner. I was trained in three specific shifts of this job. They include the 5 pm closing shift, noon dispatch shift, and the basic runner shift. During each specific shift I have different responsibilities to complete. Below is a break down of the responsibilities for each shift.

Basic runner:
- Assist guests that are locked out of their room.
- Deliver packages sent to guests at the resort.
- Deliver floral arrangements, and gift baskets to guests.
- Deliver and make birthday items such as balloons and cards.
- Restock basic items such as towels for the front desk.
- Deliver and pick up items from other Disney resorts and parks.
- Retrieve lost and found items for guests.
- Check the status of rooms.

Dispatch:
- All the responsibilities of the basic runner.
- Sign for packages and floral arrangements delivered from Walt Disney Floral, UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex
- Input all packages delivered from UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex into the Pop Century package system
- Organize and sort through all packages delivered.
- Notify guests that they have packages, and confirm tracking numbers.
- Give guests their packages if they come to the front desk to receive them.
- Keep other runners "in the know" about what needs to be completed.

Closing:
- All the responsibilities of the basic runner:
- Pull all packages that need to be delivered for the following day.
- Log all Return to Sender packages.
- Locate Magic Bands that were not given to guests during check-in.

I enjoy this new position very much. I get to handle and deliver floral arrangements and gift baskets multiples times a day which is excellent practice. I am also able to interact with cast members who work in the floral department of Disney. I also have much more room to be creative with the birthday balloons and cards and how I present them to guests in their rooms. It is a very active and busy job. Tons of floral arrangements, packages, and gift baskets are sent to the resort each day. With Pop Century being such a large resort, you have to deliver all over the place! I also have a lot more responsibilities in this position. I have access to every room, as well as company vehicles. It was a learning process, I had two days of training where I learned how to log and deliver packages with a new program. I am so excited to see where this new position takes me. I can not explain how excited I am to be working with flowers again! My shifts will now be split between my previous position and this new position. I have begun to work an additional day each week due to a larger amount of people visiting Disney. Unfortunately, I do not have any new pictures to show. I will make sure to have a few for my next post.

Have a magical day!

Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment