Saturday, January 25, 2014

So, You Are Going To Work At Disney?

Howdy!

After driving 17 hours and over 1,000 miles I have finally made it to Orlando, Florida! The first thing I had to do for my internship was to check-in for the program. I waited in line for over three hours to find out where I would be living, what I would be doing, and where I would be working. It was a busy first day, but Disney has to be one of the most organized companies.

I'm going to share a little bit about where and who I am living with. I live in a three bedroom apartment with five other girls. That puts two to a room, but the apartment itself is very spacious! The girls I live with are from all over the country! There is me from Texas, Kaitlyn from Indiana, Meagan from Delaware, Marissa from New Jersey, Rachel from California, and Abbie from Georgia. It is very interesting to see all the different backgrounds that end up in this same program.

The Roommates 
"Mouse ears!"
At check-in I found out where exactly I will be working for the next few months. I was assigned to work front desk at Disney's Pop Century Resort. I was unfamiliar with the resort at first, so when I had time I did some research. It is considered to be one of Disney's "value" resorts. The resort has 2,880 rooms making it the 7th largest resort in the nation. The resort is divided into themed decades including the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's. Disney's Pop Century opened on December 14th, 2003. It was designed for guests to experience the unforgettable fad of the 1950's-1990's all over again. As soon as I have time, I will take and post some pictures of the actual resort itself!
Disney's Casting Building 
The door knobs to the casting building.
The Walt Disney Company 

My role assignment and training schedule 
Disney also threw the new College Program participants a welcome party! It was "Up" themed. We got to meet the characters, eat pizza, take pictures in a photo booth, and they had a DJ there!

At the welcome party!


Have a magical day!

Alexa






No comments:

Post a Comment